Since 1853, we have been serving Oakland, offering faithful worship, hope-filled advocacy and welcome for the diversity found in our city. Our Vision Statement reflects our understanding of over 165 years of ministry and God's call to us today.
living our vision
We believe it is our mission at FPCO to:
- Communicate God's love and acceptance.
- We embrace and serve all of God's children.
- We value and celebrate diversity.
- We share God’s love, revealed in Jesus Christ, in our lives together and in service to our community.
- Offer encouragement to all.
- We treasure one another.
- We build loving, nurturing relationships and hold one another in prayer.
- We share our struggles, and hope for a world of compassion, peace, and justice.
- Provide nourishment for body, mind and spirit.
- We come together to receive spiritual and physical food.
- We find renewal in worship, scripture, music, study, storytelling and meals.
- We share this nourishment with others.
- Empower and equip for service.
- We experience God’s love in worship, preaching, teaching, service and fellowship.
- We find strength and support in our life together.
- We go out strengthened by the Spirit to share the good news.
- Share our space with our community.
- We care for our facility, keeping it safe and attractive.
- We provide spaces for worship, prayer, learning, celebration, and service.
- We welcome our neighbors from near and far.