Welcome to First Church!
First Presbyterian Church of Oakland is intercultural, intergenerational and inclusive. We are a beloved community where you can find grace, encouragement, and hope. Drawn together by the Holy Spirit, we are Christ's partners in reconciliation, sharing the good news that God's welcoming love is for all.
- Worship is at 10AM followed by Fellowship Time. Family Worship with Communion takes place on First Sundays.
- Godly Play is a unique worship and learning experience for children 3-10. Children leave the sanctuary at about 10:30AM.
- Youth Connection happens on most Sundays at 11:30AM. Youth from 11-18 explore their faith in their own way.
- Adult Forums at 11:30AM provide opportunities for spiritual growth at 11:30 a.m.
- Working on Worship is offered at 11:30AM and helps children grow as worship leaders.
Serving sandwiches and hot meals is one of the ways we live our mission to provide nourishment for body, mind and spirit. Offering a safe, comfortable environment and delicious food is one of the many ways we make God's welcome known to our neighbors. Learn More →
Arts Under the Spire, our concert series, features local and international musicians. All are welcome to experience the beauty of a wide range of music from Bach Toccatas on our Rosales Pipe Organ to our annual Sing Along Messiah to Jazz in the Sanctuary. Learn More →
In gratitude for his life and his support of our work here at FPCO, we mourn the passing of Greg Murai.
A celebration of life will be held on May 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm, Lafayette Orinda Presbyterian Church, 49 Knox Dr. In lieu of flowers and for those who wish, a donation may be made in Greg's memory to: Living Jazz, 1728 San Pablo Avenue, Oakland, CA 94612. c/o Greg Murai Memorial Scholarship Fund.