Drawn together by the Holy Spirit, First Presbyterian Church of Oakland is intercultural, intergenerational and radically inclusive, providing a welcome for LGBTQ people, and striving to demonstrate life as the Beloved Community.
We know that we are called to be Christ's partners in reconciliation, sharing the good news of God's welcoming love.
the season of lent begins
Join us for our Lenten Bible Study on Wednesdays, at 10AM. In this 5 week study, we’ll explore the Sermon on the Mount and the call to live a transformed life. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up if you’re interested in participating.
JOIN US ON SUNDAY
- Worship is at 10:00 a.m. followed by Fellowship Time. Family Worship with Communion takes place on First Sundays.
- Godly Play is a unique worship and learning experience for children ages 3-10. Children leave the sanctuary at about 10:30 a.m.
- Youth Connection happens on most Sundays at 11:30 a.m. Youth from ages 11-18 explore faith in their own way.
- Adult Forums at 11:30 a.m. provide opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Working on Worship is offered at 11:30 a.m. and helps children grow as worship leaders.
Calling all Singers!
Everyone is welcome to join our choir and be part of the sharing of worship through song. Contact our Music Ministry Director, Daniel Strychacz to find out more. Rehearsals are held once a month on 1st Saturdays at 10AM and every Sunday at 8:45AM.
GIVE US KINGS - A STUDY OF THE HOPE AND FAILURE OF LEADERSHIP IN THE BOOK OF JUDGES
Join Pastor Debra every Wednesday morning at 10AM as we explore Israel's hope to become like every other city-state in the region and the failure of the leaders to guide the people toward justice.