Drawn together by the Holy Spirit, First Presbyterian Church of Oakland is intercultural, intergenerational and radically inclusive, providing a welcome for LGBTQ people, and striving to demonstrate life as the Beloved Community.
We know that we are called to be Christ's partners in reconciliation, sharing the good news of God's welcoming love.
Litany of the IncarnatioN
When the time was right, God sent the Son
Sent him and nourished him,
Raised him and risked him,
Filled him with laughter and tears and compassion,
Filled him with anger and love and devotion.
Surprising child, refugee and revolutionary. Feeder and teacher. Healer and
Befriended by the weak, despised by the strong, deserted by his friends, welcomed
Loving the unlovable, touching the untouchable, forgiving the unforgivable.
When the time was right, God sent the Son.
And the Word became flesh and lived among us.
JOIN US ON SUNDAY
- Worship is at 10:00 a.m. followed by Fellowship Time. Family Worship with Communion takes place on First Sundays.
- Godly Play is a unique worship and learning experience for children ages 3-10. Children leave the sanctuary at about 10:30 a.m.
- Youth Connection happens on most Sundays at 11:30 a.m. Youth from ages 11-18 explore faith in their own way.
- Adult Forums at 11:30 a.m. provide opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Working on Worship is offered at 11:30 a.m. and helps children grow as worship leaders.
Calling all Singers!
Everyone is welcome to join our choir and be part of the sharing of worship through song. Contact our Music Ministry Director, Daniel Strychacz to find out more. Rehearsals are held once a month on 1st Saturdays at 10AM and every Sunday at 8:45AM.
Coming in January
From Judges to Kings:
Justice, Leadership and Scripture
Beginning January 4, join Pastor Debra on Wednesday mornings at 10:00AM or Thursday evenings at 7:30PM for this six-week study as she guides us through the conflicts and celebrations around God's vision for leaders as described the books of Judges, Samuel and 1&2 Kings. (no class w/o 1/16 and 2/20).