Welcome to First Church!
First Presbyterian Church of Oakland is intercultural, intergenerational and inclusive. We are a beloved community where you can find grace, encouragement, and hope. Drawn together by the Holy Spirit, we are Christ's partners in reconciliation, sharing the good news that God's welcoming love is for all.
- Worship is at 10:00 a.m. followed by Fellowship Time. Family Worship with Communion takes place on First Sundays.
- Godly Play is a unique worship and learning experience for children ages 3-10. Children leave the sanctuary at about 10:30 a.m.
- Youth Connection happens on most Sundays at 11:30 a.m. Youth from ages 11-18 explore faith in their own way.
- Adult Forums at 11:30 a.m. provide opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Working on Worship is offered at 11:30 a.m. and helps children grow as worship leaders.
Join Our Staff
If you're looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment as we move toward our vision to "Make God's Welcome Known," check out these positions to see how you could become an integral part of our faith community.