Welcome to First Church!
First Presbyterian Church of Oakland is intercultural, intergenerational and inclusive. We are a beloved community where you can find grace, encouragement, and hope. Drawn together by the Holy Spirit, we are Christ's partners in reconciliation, sharing the good news that God's welcoming love is for all.
- Worship is at 10AM followed by Fellowship Time. Family Worship with Communion takes place on First Sundays.
- Godly Play is a unique worship and learning experience for children 3-10. Children leave the sanctuary at about 10:30AM.
- Youth Connection happens on most Sundays at 11:30AM. Youth from 11-18 explore their faith in their own way.
- Adult Forums at 11:30AM provide opportunities for spiritual growth at 11:30 a.m.
- Working on Worship is offered at 11:30AM and helps children grow as worship leaders.
Serving sandwiches and hot meals is one of the ways we live our mission to provide nourishment for body, mind and spirit. Offering a safe, comfortable environment and delicious food is one of the many ways we make God's welcome known to our neighbors. Learn More →
Arts Under the Spire, our concert series, features local and international musicians. All are welcome to experience the beauty of a wide range of music from Bach Toccatas on our Rosales Pipe Organ to our annual Sing Along Messiah to Jazz in the Sanctuary. Learn More →
Join Our Staff
If you're looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment as we move toward our vision to "Make God's Welcome Known," check out these positions to see how you could become an integral part of our faith community.